Tuesday 21 August 2012

Life Off the Grid 36 - July 19, 2012

Life Off the Grid 36 - July 19, 2012

11:20 AM

Woke in the middle of the night again, before 4. It was really chilly, but I was warm and snug under my extra blankets. The wind had picked up and the waves were hitting the beach. Went back to sleep.

I was so surprised when I woke up to find it was already nearly 9. Got up, checked out the world. Boiled water and did dishes and cleaned up a bit in the cabin. Sleeping in the cabana is really nice, as long as you're warm enough. Very restful.

Cooked a couple of eggs for breakfast and then washed those dishes too. By then it was after 10, and already about 28C. It's very breezy though, so it doesn't feel quite as hot as that. The dogs and I went down to the cabana so I could put my cell phone in the spot that seems to get the best signal. No signal now though. I left it there and I'll go back and check it later. Played ball with the dogs a bit. Now wondering if I can get some painting done. I need to make progress there.

5:30 PM

We have been out to play a couple of times. It is extremely windy. Too windy to paint. Dirt blows in the wet paint. It's been a bit of a slow day. Got stuff measured up for the living room and future storage area. Made a list of things to do. Cooked and ate a bowl of pasta and veggies.

Seamus lost a ball under the kitchen counter and became absolutely obsessed with getting it out.


It was sleeping in this morning, I think. By the time I was up and moving it was stiflingly hot. Kind of takes the legs out from under your ambitions for the day. I guess I will have to set an alarm for tomorrow morning. So much to do! So little time...

7:10 PM

I have set the alarm on my watch for 6:15 AM and the one on my phone for 6:30 AM. Now, if I can get to sleep at a reasonable time, I should be able to make a good start tomorrow.

Guinness is so very tolerant of Seamus, who can be a real brat. Most of the time. Every once in awhile, he has had enough and reminds Seamus who is the bigger dog. Like just now. He never hurts him, never bites. But he sure puts the fear in Seamus. I find it alarming too. Snarling and snapping and lunging, stopping just short of actually touching him. Seamus looks panicked, whites of his eyes clearly visible. I expect Seamus will be a bit more respectful, for a little while. The rest of today, maybe...

7:45 PM

I am tired and sad. Bed soon. My late afternoon pasta will have to serve for dinner. I will read the second book in the Game of Thrones series for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment